Last Updated on December 16, 2022 by Naomi Nimu
Many people seeking massage services often confuse incall massage and outcall massage sessions. Those who have never had massage therapy before have absolutely no idea what the terms incall massage and outcall massage mean. In this guide, I will explain what incall and outcall massage mean so you can avoid surprises in price differences the next time you schedule a massage session.
What Is an Incall Massage?
An in-call massage is given at the massage therapist’s place of work. It could be their office, a salon, a medical practice, or wherever they work from. There are benefits to having a therapist incall to do your massage. They should have all the equipment that they need to work easily at their office or workplace. You won’t have to pay for an expensive hotel because the therapist won’t have to cover their travel expenses, and they will have more time to fit more sessions into their day.
What Is an Outcall Massage?
An outcall massage is when a massage therapist comes out to meet you at your location. There is a certain ease and comfort that is associated with having a therapist come out to your home or office and massage you. You do not have to travel, and you can do it in the comfort of your home if you wish. You should not be surprised if you pay more for an outcall massage because it takes the therapist more time to travel to your location, and they have more expenses.
Advantages of Incall Massage
Massage therapists can do massages in their offices, beauty salons, or clinics. What clients gain by having a massage delivered directly to them include:
- During an incall session, the Massage Therapist can control the temperature, lighting, and music that are used to help you relax.
- During an in-call massage session, there is no ringing of your telephone, no loud television, and no loud stereo.
- It costs less to have a massage at the massage therapist’s office than to have a massage at your own home or office.
- Nobody else interrupts you during your massage session, and this includes your spouse, children, or employer.
- All techniques that the Massage Therapist uses, such as Hot Stone Massage, are performed as part of an incall session.
Advantages of Outcall Massage
An outcall massage is provided when the therapist comes to your house, office, or hotel. Outcall Massages are also called Homecall Massages, Onsite Massages, or Mobile Massages. There are many advantages to receiving an outcall massage, including:
- During a massage appointment, you are in your own familiar environment.
- You will be able to stay close to people or situations that will need your attention while you are still receiving a wonderful massage.
- When you have your outcall massage therapy, you don’t have to travel far. You don’t have to leave your home when you get an outcall massage. Just stay put and let the massage do its work.
- When you arrive in a new city, an outcall massage session means you don’t need to get lost trying to find the massage therapist’s office.
- When you book an outcall massage, you will get exactly the same massage and bodywork as you do when you book an in-call massage.
Is an Outcall Or Incall Massage Better?
It comes down to being very subjective. If your massage is more relaxing, you’ll be more satisfied with the results. If, however, you really want the best massage, you should go to the therapist’s place of work. They will have all the supplies that they need on hand. They control the environment completely. They control the noise, the light, the temperature, and so on. They also have all the equipment they need at all times.
Why Do Outcall Massages Cost More?
As we mentioned earlier, it costs more to do a massage at your own residence. It costs the therapist more to come and do the massage than when they do it at their office. There are costs associated with therapists having to travel to your location, so it should not surprise you that it costs more to get an outcall massage therapy. Some massage therapists will charge extra depending on how far they need to travel, which is fair.
There are a lot of differences between in-call massage and outcall massage. It’s much cheaper for massage therapists to perform in-call massages because they have more time to work on clients’ needs instead of traveling to them. When a massage therapist is called out to give you a great massage at your home, they do a lot of traveling and setting up. But whether you decide to have a massage done in the therapist’s office or you decide to book an outcall massage, you’ll still get a great massage.