Last Updated on December 24, 2022 by Naomi Nimu
Herbal compress massage originated in Thailand as an alternative therapy treatment applied on soft tissues like muscles and fascia. It’s designed to help you to relieve stress, improve sleep, promote blood circulation, improve general well-being, and stimulate the lymphatic system. As a result, this therapy helps remove waste products from the body and manage non-specific lower back pain and neck and shoulder aches. This guide explains how an herbal body compress massage works and highlights the key features of the Thai Herbal Compress Ball.
How to Use a Herbal Compress Ball
It is not unusual for traditional Thai massages to include some form of a compress made from herbs. When the compress is ready, the therapist will use a muslin cloth packed with a variety of herbs, which is then pressed onto the skin. Then, by using a muslin cloth soaked in a mix of herbs and pressured or pummeled with several different types of pressure, a therapist will massage the areas you requested to be treated. If you have booked a full body massage, then your entire body will be massaged, but if you booked a neck and shoulder massage, expect your therapist to treat these areas only.
How to Make a Herbal Compress Ball
There is a wide variety of herbs and herbal combinations which can be used in a massage. Selecting the right mix of herbs or herb combination depends on your goals. Here is how to make a herbal compress ball:
- Place a mixture of herbs into the center of a white cloth, and then fold the edges down to form a nice round ball. Tie a piece of string around the base to secure the herbal compress ball.
- Tie one end of the compress ball over the herbs with some yarn or thread to form a handle. Keep your herbal compress ball securely wrapped in and tightened with a strong thread to prevent it from becoming loose when being used.
- If you have a steam wand, boil some water and put the compress ball in the steamer. It will steam up for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Check that the compress will warm up the area you are applying it to.
- You should try the compress up to four or five times before you make a new one.
Benefits of Herbal Compress Massage
Massages with herbal compresses are beneficial for everyone. It decreases inflammation and pain, promotes the formation of new cells in the body, stimulates the body’s own immune system, and improves blood flow and circulation. Some of the benefits of the chamomile and yam herb are listed below.
- Kaffir (Khush) lime (Marku) – helps cleanse the body, promote good digestion, reduce stress, and improve your mood.
- Plai (Zingibar) – relaxes muscles and relieves some of the aches and pains that many people have.
- Camphor (Naat) – helps to treat some skin conditions, improves your breathing, and reduces pain. It is an antiseptic that helps to reduce pain. It also has some anti-bacterial properties and may help to prevent some kinds of cancer.
- Tamarind (Makhma) – This ingredient helps with cancer, diabetes, and heart conditions. It can de-toxicate your body and help prevent some diseases. It may also help relieve pain.
- Zedoary (Khami oi) – prevents you from feeling uneasy or feeling very stressed.
- Lemongrass (Takhriya) helps fight bacteria and yeast by suppressing their growth. It also helps to remove toxins from the body. It can help you relax, prevent cramping, help with anxiety and indigestion, and reduce blood pressure.
- Curry (Khamin Chan) – can help with detoxification, inflammation, and detoxication of the body. It may help prevent some diseases.
- Cumin (Khamn) – helps people who have frequent, painful diarrhea, fights parasites and bacteria, may help people regulate blood sugar and cholesterol, and may help prevent cancer.
What Research Says
Research has shown that the effects of having a Thai herbal massage on the body are more effective than standard treatment for some people with painful joints. It was shown that a herbal compress containing Thai herbs could induce more milk production in women who had difficulties secreting milk after giving birth.
It seems that the benefits of using various herbs to treat different conditions are almost endless. If someone is struggling with stress, anxiety, pain, aches, or some more serious medical conditions, trying herbal massage could help.
Thai Herbal Compress Ball 100% Natural Herbs
The Thai Herbal Compress Ball is a 100% natural herb that provides aroma massage with impressive benefits. It offers a simultaneously relaxing and energizing massage to your body, mind, and soul. The product is available in 100 grams pack of 2 Balls. This is the ideal solution if you’re looking for a guaranteed 100% Genuine Product from Thailand.