A good electric razor takes a significant place in the daily life of every man.
All the morning, the best electric razor will be a source of happiness due to the high standard of hair removal and the clean-shaven feeling. The machines of this generation are far superior to the traditional non-electric razor.
The manufacturers had shavers in mind because the machines have been designed to shave as smooth as a razor. No need to use foam and water in order to achieve your desired shave.
In addition, electric razors do their jobs faster than regular ones. No blade changing or hurting yourself.
Modern Electric Razors
Today’s modern electric razors have come a very long way and you can currently find some fantastic ones. But as I already said, a particular shaver won’t be ideal in every situation.
To find our picks, we consulted with dermatologists and then gathered the top razors from respected brands to try them out for ourselves. You may also like to check out our hair clippers reviews.
Electric Razor Reviews
We tested the best models from leading manufacturers to help with the daunting task of buying the best electric razor or shaver.
We have described their top features and as usual rate them out 5 stars. So even if you are totally convinced of the advantage of electric appliances over traditional safe razors, you should have more information to make the right decision.
1. Andis Cordless shaver review- Best electric shaver under 100
- It features a long-lasting battery
- It is one of the best electric shavers for sensitive skin: it features gold titanium hypo allergic foil
- Lightweight – less than 5 ounces.
- It is a cordless electric razor for men
Traditional style Andis shaver that is no antique. Andis is well known for hair clippers. Modern features such as a long-lasting lithium battery and gold titanium foil to prevent razor rash make this a winner. Simple but effective. 5 stars out of 5.
2. Braun Shaver Series 7- Braun Series 7 Wet & Dry Shaver
- It is 100% waterproof
- Braun Shaver series 7has 3 personalization modes
- Comes with a skin-friendly trimmer that can be used to perfectly shape your sideburn and mustache
- It features intelligent sonic technology to capture more hairs
- It is able to follow contours of your face for
- It has a powerful Li-ion battery
- Its cutting responds even to the smallest contours
High tech and stylish, this is what we consider the best Braun shaver. Packed with useful features and perfect for all hair types this is possibly the only electric shaver you will ever need. Only the price keeps it from being our winner. 4 and a half stars.
3. Wahl Life Proof Foil Shaver- Best electric shaver under 50
- Rechargeable lithium-ion plus technology – 1 hour 30 minutes of uninterrupted battery life means months of use between charges.
- The lithium-ion technology from Wahl offers almost no charge loss during storage, is environmentally friendly and has no storage problems, so the battery is always fully charged.
- It comes as a kit with a styling guide, shaver, storage travel zipper pouch, and a charger.
- It is waterproof. You can shave wet or dry.
- It comes with a precision Trimmer-The Wahl Life Proof razor has a precisely pop-up trimmer made of stainless steel, which provides real trimming results for sideburn, mustache, beard, lineup, just to name a few.
- It comes with 2 floating foil shaving heads for easy and precision shaving.
- It has a high impact on shockproof housing. It is a high impact, shock resistant.
Wahl is well known for the best hair clippers, but they have finally broken into the shaving market with their life proof range. Jam-packed with features and built to a high standard, this electric shaver offers exceptional value. 4 stars.
Electric Razor and Shaver Buying Guide
How to Buy the Best Electric Shaver and Razor
While there used to be all kinds of brands that make electric shavers, there are basically five main brands now, as many have bought out the smaller brands. The main brands are
So, if you are thinking about getting an electric shaver, do you know which brand and model is best for your shaving needs?
Not all electric shavers are the same, and you need to do your homework before going out and spending $100 or more only to discover that you don’t like the shaver for one reason or another.
It is a good idea to check some electric shaver reviews online about various models. In addition to reading reviews, you need to know some basics about electric shavers, such as these key points.
Electric Shaver Technologies
There are two main technologies for electric shavers: foil and rotary. With a foil shaver, you will get a nice, close overall shave, but the shave won’t be as close on the neck as it is on the face.
It takes less time to shave with one of these shavers, but you may find more irritation. Rotary shavers can shave as close as foil shavers if you do it right. These shavers are quieter than foil shavers, but the side trimmers aren’t always as good.
Also, because there is a “lift and cut” technique, you may find a lot of irritation.
Electric Razor Performance
You need an electric shaver that is going to function well for you. It may take a few tries to get used to using it, so don’t toss it out if you don’t like it the first couple of times you use it.
When it comes to performance, there are certain things to look for. These include how hot the shaver gets if it runs loudly if it will give a close shave without irritating too much, and how long the battery charge will last.
Finding Replacement Spares
You don’t want to get a shaver that you can’t easily get replacement parts for.
Every so often, you will need to replace the cutting parts, and it is best to find a brand that offers replacement parts at reasonable prices.
For example, Norelco needs more head replacement than other brands, but the parts are also more expensive, so this may not be the most economical brand for you.
If you are looking for a brand that offers the best prices on replacement parts, Andis and Braun are good options.
Wet and Dry Shavers
You may be wondering if you should go with a wet or a dry electric shaver. Panasonic electric shavers have awesome wet/dry technology, and can even be used while you are in the shower, which is a great time-saver.
But, it is not overly water-resistant, and can’t be submerged, even though you can run water over it without any problems. The only downfall is that you don’t always get the closest shave when using a wet/dry shaver.
Shaver Cleaning Stations
You will also need to decide if you want to use a shaver that has a cleaning station.
These can be good and bad all at the same time. For instance, they will do a great job cleaning the shaver heads, which makes it really convenient because you don’t have to bother doing it yourself.
On the other hand, it only takes a few seconds to use a brush to clean the shaver head yourself.
You may want to look at models that you can rinse with running water. That way, you won’t be spending extra money just to have the cleaning station .